When the sun is shining there is nothing nicer than sitting in a garden cafe to enjoy your meal. Here are 5 Garden Cafes close to Glastonbury to enjoy.
- Within the grounds of the Yeo Valley Organic Dairy headquarters you will find the Yeo Valley Organic Gardens and cafe. Sarah Mead, one of the owners of Yeo Valley, has spent the last 18 years turning 6 1/2 acres of land into one of only a handful of organic certified ornamental gardens in Britain. The garden is open on Thursdays and Fridays only but the Cafe serves food every day. For more information on visiting here is their website www.theorganicgardens.co.uk/
2. The Bishop’s Table at The Bishop’s Palace, Overlooking the croquet lawn and Palace buildings this garden cafe has one of the best views in Wells. Just cross the drawbridge at the palace to discover this hidden gem.
3. The Walled Garden at Mells Jo Illsley took over the Walled Garden in 2009 to continue her British cut flower business. A garden cafe was developed to allow others to come and enjoy the gardens. It is open 7 days a week serving a range of salads and lunches.
4. Rainbows End Cafe, Glastonbury is a garden cafe right in the centre of Glastonbury so not where you would expect to go to enjoy a garden. But head to the back of the cafe and you will find a delightful little garden to enjoy on a sunny day. It has a self serve counter selling great vegetarian and vegan food.
5. Double Gate Farm in Godney serves the most delicious afternoon tea as well as plenty of other food options throughout the day in the garden of their farmhouse. Situated in the tiny village of Godney it is makes a great cycle destination from us here at Middlewick.