Take your pooch to the pub and enjoy a pint. Seven places close to us here in Glastonbury where your dog is very welcome. Some even give your dogs their own doggie beer. Maggie, Ellie and I have tried all these out.
- The Natterjack Inn, in Evercreech has a very famous 4 legged customer. Jilly, a Petit Basset Griffin who was Crufts winner in 2013, is a regular drinker there, of water of course. They do serve delicious human meals here but make sure and save room for desserts as they are to die for.
- The Red Lion, West Pennard is a beautiful 15th Century village pub with a roaring fire for the dogs to curl up beside. They do a fantastic Carvery on a Sunday that is worth going along to. There is pub food served 7 days a week here.
- George Inn at Croscombe Peter, the Canadian owner has 2 of his own dogs that welcome everyone into the pub. The last time I visited I think there seemed to be one dog at every table, so if you don’t bring your own dog there is usually someone else’s you can borrow for the evening. It is very relaxed pub serving good pub food. There is a dart board that we always enjoy when visiting.
- The Who’d A Thought It Glastonbury are always very welcoming to visiting pooches. It is a nice pub with quirky interior and exterior. Inside is a red phone box with a mannequin in it which does Keep the dogs wondering what that is all about. The pub has a very nice atmosphere, bustling with tourists and friendly staff.
- King Arthur, Glastonbury . The only place I know of that you can take your dog dancing with you. They have regular live music with a mixture of genres. They do get some really good bands playing so worth checking out their gig list. Dancing is usually on the menu when the bands play and this includes any dogs that fancy it. There is a Glastonbury Jack Russell that can be regularly seen doing some particularly great moves. Located in the centre of Glastonbury it benefits from a really big beer garden and they often have music and BBQ’s in the summer months.
- The Globe Inn, Wells is where we head to for a sports night. They have rooms off of the main bar showing the best sporting events on. Maggie and Ellie are football and rugby fans so we often go to watch matches on their large screens. They do great food choices for sport watching – like burgers, chili and curries.
- The Sheppey Inn, Godney This is a favourite of ours. Four legged visitors are treated royally with biscuits and doggie beer. Yes a beer – non alcoholic and chicken flavoured. It is super popular so so you do need to book in advance if you plan to have food. This Trip Advisor review sums it up, it is written by one of our guests that went there recently. Sheppey Inn Trip Advisor Review