This statement describes the access, procedures and facilities at Middlewick Holiday Cottages, as they might apply to, and for the benefit of persons with disabilities.
We would wish your stay with us to be as comfortable as possible, so please do not hesitate to ask if you have any concerns about access or there is anything that would make your stay more enjoyable.
The cottages date from the 16thCentury and have many original features and therefore although every effort has been made to make Middlewick as accessible to as many people as possible this may at times be more difficult for people who are wheelchair bound or with other severe mobility disabilities. Please study the layout of the cottage you have booked or are booking. Cottage plans are linked to from the respective cottage booking pages on the website.
- All cottages are self catering. The onsite shop has many provisions and breakfast boxes when ordered are left in the cottage.
- Mobile phone coverage is good. Internet access is provided by Wi-Fi.
- Public transport. The nearest mainline railway station is Castle Cary (12 miles) – to London Paddington.
- The closest bus stop is 0.9 miles, outside West Mendip Hospital, Old Wells Road, Glastonbury.
- The nearest airport is Bristol (22miles).
Emergency Action Information
- Smoke detectors are fitted in all cottages. C02 detectors are fitted in cottages with wood burners and gas boilers.
- Emergency information is detailed in the guest information packs in each cottage, adjacent to all fire fighting equipment, and can be communicated verbally if required.
- The emergency assembly point is in the main car park.
- The car park is laid to 10mm clean gravel. This area is well lit at night time via motion sensor.
- Complex lighting is provided by the main door to each cottage. Lights are on motion sensors.
- Access to the reception/shop is via a graveled area and either 2 steps or a gentle ramp.
- Access to the cottages is via gravel paths and stone paths.
- Due to the age of the complex some of the paths are a little uneven.
- Due to the age and many original features, access to the cottages and their bedrooms is in some cases via narrow doors and stairways.
- Cottage and bathroom configurations are shown on individual cottage floor plans. Grab rails are installed in the majority of bathrooms.
- There is a TV and DVD player in all the cottages.
- Guests are always shown to their cottages and everything about the cottage and complex is explained at that time – this information is also available in a folder in each cottage as well as in the welcome letter.
- Guests are always shown to their cottages and everything about the cottage and complex explained – this is also available in a folder in each cottage and can be relayed to guests as required.
Swimming Pool Access
- The pool is accessed via a entrance hallway laid to tiles with a small step to get into the porch.
- There are bars on the steps into the pool for ease of access.
If you require further information about individual cottages, please contact us.