Updated 1st November
We are required to close again for guests arriving from 5th November until 2nd December 2020. Please bear with us while we deal with cancellations and re-booking. Our office will have limited staffing during this period so please communicate by email if needed to email@example.com
For guests arriving Sunday 1st, Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd November there are no changes to their bookings and we look forward to welcoming them as usual. We will allow them to stay until the earlier of the end of their booking or Friday 6th November.
Our Farm Shop will continue to be fully open throughout this period and will sell takeaway coffee and snacks as well.
We hope to re open 2nd December.
If you are looking to book for December 2020 or 2021 and cannot see prices for the dates you require please contact us, again by email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance and we will do our best to accommodate you.
It is such a shame. Our guests have been having a wonderful time and the feedback we have had sine re opening in July is that everyone feels safe and happy!
Firstly, we wish all of our past and future guests and their families good health. The last few months have been a new and unwelcome experience for everyone. The measures being taken globally are unprecedented at all levels, family, friends, business and governmental. We all need to stick together and work through to a resolution as quickly and safely as possible.
The consequences of closing again are enormous for all businesses and their staff. We are no different here at Middlewick. In common with nearly everyone in the tourism and hospitality industry we earn a substantial proportion of our revenue during the Spring, Summer and Autumn months. Most costs are, however, not so distributed, with significant spending on repairs and renewals through the quieter Winter months. At Middlewick we also retain and pay our office, cleaning and grounds staff through the winter.
As well as managing the substantial ongoing costs while our guests are not allowed to come to Middlewick we also need to deal with all our guest bookings. Advice and guidance are very limited from tourism bodies and government and we are still working to revise guest bookings and then all hopefully all move on.
In the meantime, we ask for the patience of all our guests and groups with bookings. We will be endeavouring to contact everyone and in the first instance re booking visits for later in 2020. In exceptional circumstances we will allow re booking in 2021. Where this is not immediately possible we will issue credit notes to guests to use against a future booking. If you have any questions please email us on email@example.com Bookings that are cancelled for dates when we are operational again will be subject to our normal terms and conditions.
Some guests may find that they are covered by their travel insurance and we ask that everyone checks this first. If copies of booking and invoices are needed please let us know. The announcement by the Prime Minister on the evening of October 31st will have been enough to trigger insurance clauses in some cases. If you are a business with a booking at Middlewick we ask that you check your business interruption insurance. We have been told by one of our trade associations that neither we, nor our clients/ guests have actually cancelled anything. We are unable to take guests from Thursday 5th November and our guests are unable to travel. In all cases we will work to find a solution. Everyone’s holiday or event is safe and will get accommodated.
Middlewick will continue to keep is Farm Shop open. With strict hygiene controls, social distancing measures, and an enormous amount of daily food deliveries our farm shop nearly always has a very well-spaced outdoor queue stretching into our car park. Serving one customer at a time we are offering a very wide range of produce.
For now there is no more to say other than to wish everyone and their families good health. Over the coming weeks we will be in touch.
Jill, Jonathan and all the staff at Middlewick.
If you have any questions please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Rest assured we are ready to welcome you despite all the current uncertainty.
- Here at Middlewick, the health and safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority.
- We recognise that the situation is potentially unsettling and we would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the developing situation and following Government guidance to ensure that you can enjoy your holiday with us – hopefully soon.
- Middlewick will reopen to guests immediately upon government notice
- However, ‘non-essential’ travel has been advised and therefore YOU must take responsibility for yourselves and others, and importantly, you must observe all government advice (keeping your distance, washing hands, age and health, etc).
- All of our cottages are self-contained, and we are following a very strict cleaning regime in between each guest staying with us.
- Our cottages and glamping units are all separate buildings so there is no close contact to any other guests.
- Arrival times may need to be later in the day to allow additional cleaning when we are allowed to receive guests again and they are allowed to travel.
- If you develop symptoms while staying with us in the future, please call the office but refrain from coming to the office. Please call the office on 01458 832351, to notify us, so that we are able to carry out the necessary procedures. There is no need to report to NHS 111 unless your situation is becoming critical. Do not go to a doctor, hospital or chemist, unless you are dangerously ill and advised to do so by NHS 111.
Reducing the risk of virus transmission:
- Middlewick is a Covid19 Secure workplace as defined by the governments 5 step plan:
- We wave carried out Covid19 risk assessments and shared the results with our staff.
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace.
- Where people cannot work 2m apart we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
- Our staff have been consulted and have agreed to the following when they attend work:
- They will not attend work if they are/ feel unwell or suspect that they have any of the Covid19 symptoms. They will call to advise they will not be attending work. If in doubt they will stay at home and seek medical advice.
- That they are not vulnerable to the effects of Covid19, either because of existing health condition or age, and that they have not been advised to ‘Shield’ by government health regulations. They will let us know if there are any specific health issues that we need to be aware of.
- They will always maintain Social Distancing (as recommended by Government regulations and advice) from Customers/ guests and other staff members.
- They will wear protective gloves, face coverings or aprons as needed or recommended by Government. If asked to do so by Middlewick they must comply (subject to health or religious exemption)
- They will wash and/ or sanitise hands every hour.
- They will advise Middlewick of any issues, situations, or practices, either by the business, other staff members, or customers that lead them to feel uncomfortable or unsafe while they are working. This can be verbally or in writing.
- We have recommend to them that at the end of their shift they change clothes, bag up those they have been wearing and on return home immediately wash them.
- Additional Cleaning & Hygiene Measures. We have supplemented our usual cleaning products with a commercial grade virucidal cleaning product. We are undertaking additional daily cleaning ‘high touch point areas’ – door handles, tap heads, card machines, and so on.
- Our laundry is commercially cleaned offsite. The procedures followed have been enhanced for staff safety and to ensure all laundry is to the highest possible standard. 60 degree washes are standard.
- Reducing cash handling. Cash is known to have passed through many hands and therefore, we are asking guests to pay by card wherever possible.
- Our Staff.Our staff are critical to our business and as well as preparing our accommodation for guests arrivals, many others have been working hard over the winter months on repairs, renewals, renovations and building projects around Middlewick. We will ensure that they do not come into work if sick in any way.
- We would advise you to check the following websites for the most up-to-date information: