When the sun is shining there is nothing nicer than sitting in a garden cafe to enjoy your meal. Here are 6 Garden Cafes close to Glastonbury to enjoy.
Immerse yourself in the beautiful surroundings,
- Within the grounds of the Yeo Valley Organic Dairy headquarters you will find the Yeo Valley Organic Gardens and cafe. Sarah Mead, one of the owners of Yeo Valley, has spent the last 18 years turning 6 1/2 acres of land into one of only a handful of organic certified ornamental gardens in Britain. The garden is open on Thursdays and Fridays only but the Cafe serves food every day. For more information on visiting here is their website www.theorganicgardens.co.uk/
2. The Bishop’s Table at The Bishop’s Palace, Overlooking the croquet lawn and Palace buildings this garden cafe has one of the best views in Wells. Just cross the drawbridge at the palace to discover this hidden gem. Open Daily 10-6. Winter 10-4.
3. The Walled Garden at Mells Jo Illsley took over the Walled Garden in 2009 to continue her British cut flower business. A garden cafe was developed to allow others to come and enjoy the gardens. It is open 7 days a week serving a range of salads and lunches.
4. Rainbows End Cafe, Glastonbury is a garden cafe right in the centre of Glastonbury. The cafe is open 7 days a week. 10am- 4pm. It has a self serve counter selling great vegetarian and vegan food.
5. Double Gate Farm in Godney serves the most delicious afternoon tea as well as plenty of other food options throughout the day in the garden of their farmhouse. Situated in the tiny village of Godney it is makes a great cycle destination from us here at Middlewick. Open Wednesday to Sunday 12pm- 3pm.
6. Midney Gardens and Nurseries is a mile south east of Somerton. Dave and Alison moved to Somerset in 2009 and set out to create a garden which they and others would enjoy. What was previously an industrial site has now been transformed into a plants-man’s garden. I love all the quirky features around the garden – the wheel of Thyme and the garden tool fence. And after you have had a look around the gardens you can enjoy tea and cake in their tea room or on a nice day outside in the garden. Open Thursday to Sunday 1pm- 5pm